Job Title: Disability Support Worker
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Disability Support Worker to provide in-house support to individuals with complex behavioral needs. The role will require a minimum of 30 hours per week and will be based in North Geelong, Victoria 3215. The successful candidate will work as part of a team, providing essential care and assistance to our clients.
- Strong communication skills
- Empathy and understanding towards people with disabilities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Excellent time management skills
- Providing personal care services if required etc.
- Assisting clients with daily living activities including meal preparation, household tasks etc.
- Developing positive relationships with clients based on trust and respect
- Implementing behavior support plans developed by specialists or therapists
- Assisting clients in achieving their goals for independence
- Maintaining accurate records of client progress
-Minimum Certificate III or IV in Disability Services (or equivalent)
-Proven experience working as a disability support worker is preferred but not essential
-A current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain one)
Please ensure that the job description clearly highlights the requirement for disability specialist support work. Additionally, it should specify that the position is for part-time employment only (30 hours minimum per week).Apply Now